I'm secretly a ninja...but shhhhh.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Website Portfolio!

Click here for my portfolio!

Website Reflection:

The purpose of my website is to showcase my work in a neat and professional style while still showing bits of my personality. By doing this I can link my work to anyone who wants to see it and I will always have a place to display any new work that I happen to create.

I used  http://www.wix.com/  as a template for my portfolio but edited my pictures with Adobe Photoshop CS4.

  • Printmaking: This piece is not my best from art class, however I wanted to include it because I can look back on it when I please and see how the similarities and differences between this work and my future work. 
  • Chinese Peacock: The Chinese Brush painting unit was very fun, and I think that this was my favourite piece from that unit. 
  • Orchid: I included the Orchid because I thought my brush strokes looked very delicate and professional. 
  • Skull Drawing: This was my favourite piece from the entire art unit, I loved my shading in it and the way I was able to use the elements and principles of design. 
  • Peculiar: My first typography experiment turned out very well. The font choice and layout of the word helped the meaning shine through. It was definitely my favourite piece from the semester. 
  • Peacock Feather: I enjoy this piece because of the contrast of colours between the background and feather. 
  • Shirt: I thought that the Shazaam shirt looked very clean, and although the direct message of my chosen article didn't show, I still thought the message I ended up trying to portray was shown.
  • Self Portrait: I think the self portrait is one of the most important projects in the tech portion of CyberARTS. There were many changes I would have made, but I still wanted to show it on my portfolio. 
I really enjoyed the overall simplicity of the layout that I chose and re arranged. I think the menu bar at the top with the fence in the background look very clean. I might've changed the background to have more white  space on my web portfolio. I'd also try harder in figuring out how to add sub pages which you can customize (more on that a little further down). 

Now that it is done, I really like my portfolio. I never thought that my work has ever stuck to one specific style, and I think this is really shown on my website. I wanted to put my self-portrait on my homepage for this reason. By putting my short description and self-portrait on the home page I was hoping it would give the viewer a heads up into what they may see. I've never stuck with one style and I've never really wanted to. (Or maybe I have and can't tell - you tell me!)

I had a lot of trouble when putting up this website. When I first began to make it, I tried to make customaizable sub pages, however when I'd make them, the sub pages would have the same albums on them. (For example: If I had portfolio in the menu bar, and art/tech in the drop down, every time I would try to change the template and/or photos on the sub pages they would end up being the same for each). I eventually decided that everything looked okay in the menu bar). I also was not able to upload my animations. I originally tried to add the pause/play button, but because I had not started my animations in ActionScript 3.0, it had not worked. After that, when uploading the Kinetic Typography to the website, the file was not scaled and I was not able to scale it. I know that the tech portion of CyberARTS will always have challenges that we need to overcome, and even though it's frustrating I don't really mind compromising a few aspects of my original designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

F[a_, L_, r_, s_, t_] := Table[ {-(r + s*Cos[t])^n*Sin[n*a], (r + s*Cos[t])^n*Cos[n*a]}, {n, 0, L}] V := {{1.45631, 556, .995, .003}, {2.94712, 502, .998, .001}, {4.50891, 485, .9955, .0025}, {4.9367, 630, .997, .002}} Table[ ListAnimate[ Table[ Graphics[ Polygon[ F[Part[Part[V, G], 1], Part[Part[V, G], 2], Part[Part[V, G], 3], Part[Part[V, G], 4], t]], PlotRange -> 1, ImageSize -> 250], {t, 0, 2 Pi, 2 Pi/40}]], {G,1,4,1}