I'm secretly a ninja...but shhhhh.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eye Drawing


While searching for tutorials to help improve my drawing, I came across this! I found this video appealing not only for the end product, but the way it's mesmerizing to watch and how the artist uses different tools to create the eye. I find myself watching this video repeatedly, I can't stop! 
The little notes he/she adds in are very helpful, at the beginning he says, "The quality of the lines is not important, but the accuracy of the shapes is crucial." This is something that I find screws me up a LOT when I'm drawing. Having disproportional shapes from the beginning sketches really affects your final product. 
I'm glad he/she shows us what kind of material he is using. I've always wanted to do some form of watercolour with pencil crayon, now I have a perfect reason to try. 
I'm also in love with this video because you can see the transformation from lights to darks as the image becomes closer to the final product. 
I will definitely try this in the near future. I think that trying new styles of art help you grow and develop as an artist. 
Have a  wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

F[a_, L_, r_, s_, t_] := Table[ {-(r + s*Cos[t])^n*Sin[n*a], (r + s*Cos[t])^n*Cos[n*a]}, {n, 0, L}] V := {{1.45631, 556, .995, .003}, {2.94712, 502, .998, .001}, {4.50891, 485, .9955, .0025}, {4.9367, 630, .997, .002}} Table[ ListAnimate[ Table[ Graphics[ Polygon[ F[Part[Part[V, G], 1], Part[Part[V, G], 2], Part[Part[V, G], 3], Part[Part[V, G], 4], t]], PlotRange -> 1, ImageSize -> 250], {t, 0, 2 Pi, 2 Pi/40}]], {G,1,4,1}