I'm secretly a ninja...but shhhhh.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hey Look! I see logos.



For my Logo Design Assignment I decided to do a company that does book design. My company will choose the layout of the pages of the book and the cover of the book according to what we see will suit the book best. The personality of my company is very professional, refined and intelligent. We are reliable and knowledgeable, and we get the work done. Although we are the ones choosing the layout, cover, and such, we still take the book genre into consideration when choosing these. For example, if the book is a romance novel, we will know that it is a Romance novel and what it’s about before designing the book.
For my animal, I decided a Panda Bear works very well. I chose a Panda because it represents knowledge and spirituality. Panda Bears are cute and cuddly but they are still strong both mentally and physically. I thought that a Panda would represent my company well because they show knowledge and it will give the impression that what needs to get done will get done.
My pictorial logo turned out to be very simple but at the same time pleasing to look at. For the colour solution, I chose purple, because purple represents wisdom, which I thought would suit my company. I think that my pictorial is satisfactory, but I don’t think that it is my best logo.
I personally think that the black and white typographic logo works the best because it works well enlarged and shrunken down (e.g. on a business card). Also, it is nifty to look at because of the way the letters are set up. I also just like this one because of the simplicity of it, it isn’t to hard to look at and it’s memorable. If someone looks at it even for a little while and then they see it again somewhere it will be familiar to them.
In the combination logo, I used the same pictorial version, but for the words, I used different lettering. I used more or less the same fonts, but the layout was different. I did this because I thought the original typographic logo mixed with the pictorial logo would be to detailed and it would be difficult to look at, so I had a different layout of the words done. I don’t think that this logo works as well as it could, and if I would change anything it would be changing the way the picture is much bigger than the words, I would change this because when you make it small (e.g. on a business card) the lettering will not show up as it should, so I think that this logo is not as effective as the Pictorial and the Typographic one.
For all of these logos, I tried to represent knowledge and creativity, I did this using the Panda and the different lettering and the way they were set up. I think that the black and white typographic works the best and if I were to choose one for a logo I would choose that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

F[a_, L_, r_, s_, t_] := Table[ {-(r + s*Cos[t])^n*Sin[n*a], (r + s*Cos[t])^n*Cos[n*a]}, {n, 0, L}] V := {{1.45631, 556, .995, .003}, {2.94712, 502, .998, .001}, {4.50891, 485, .9955, .0025}, {4.9367, 630, .997, .002}} Table[ ListAnimate[ Table[ Graphics[ Polygon[ F[Part[Part[V, G], 1], Part[Part[V, G], 2], Part[Part[V, G], 3], Part[Part[V, G], 4], t]], PlotRange -> 1, ImageSize -> 250], {t, 0, 2 Pi, 2 Pi/40}]], {G,1,4,1}